For those who missed the MSFSofficial stream these are the important points they hit in the short hour long stream.
A secondary dev stream will happen on June 30th to discuss the Xbox release and PC upgrades for the July 27th release.
WU6 – Germany, Austria, Switzerland
Vienna getting photogrammetry
2 other cities as well (TBD)
- New Asobo Plane: Junkers JU-52
- Native float planes coming with Xbox Update July 27th
- Husky release August 3rd (tentative)
- Asobo got access to a Junker to record sounds for Wwise
- Jorg hoping to test bathymetry in the coming months with a hopeful implementation in 2022
- There is ongoing “behind the scenes” work on LODs for previous world updates. They were working on London and Japan last week to make improvements for future updates
- Asobo & MS are currently reviewing launch airports and launch POI’s for future upgrades
- Goal is to hit 2,000 new POI’s added in 2022
-Working Title now helping update missing/incorrect airport data